Patients with long-term conditions need education and support.
Pharma companies can add genuine value by complementing the efforts of their HCP customers.
To communicate well with patients, we need empathy, so that we:
- Understand their concerns and address these in simple language
- Acknowledge any difficulties
- Provide clear and helpful guidance where possible
Every time we are entrusted with the development of patient materials, we ask ourselves:
- How would you feel if you had just received this diagnosis?
- How would you deal with ongoing treatment and any lifestyle changes?
- And how would you get on with your life?
- What would you find helpful (Where budgets allow, it is very helpful to conduct qualitative research with patients and their partners)
- What can we do to make this process easier for the patient, their families and their HCPs?
- How can our clients add meaningful value here?